Hey everybody!
My Sabbath Day was nice :) And yes, I'm still the main pianist, but I finally suckered Sis. LeDuc into playing for Relief Society from the simplified hymn book. We actually had an investigator come to church (after the Sacrament) and our most recent convert, Aili, gave a short talk. She's so adorable~ The weather has been rather strange this week. Had some nice snow falls in the middle of the week, but on the weekend it was actually a little over the freezing point! I thought I wouldn't see this until March! So last night we had rain and it's been melting away stuff. It's kinda strange see the pavement in some of our normal foot paths, although now we're forced to do some puddle jumping which is difficult with snow banks and whatnot, so my feet are pretty wet from this morning :P It's also revealed some of the really slippery parts of ice underneath, so we still waddle a little around like penguins. I'm sure Winter's just playing a joke on us right now and it'll be back soon enough, but it's kinda nice to get a break. I think I'm acclimating to the weather now. Either that, or now I just don't complain because I think of how it could be a lot worse, hehehe.
Sis. Aitken told me today that she feels like a pin cushion for doctors but she said she's glad she's sick at home and not in Estonia. She's got some tests to do tomorrow, so hopefully they can figure out the problem quickly. I just hope we can get her back a.s.a.p. I think we tried to estimate how many transfers it'll take to get some reinforcement sisters, and I don't think that'll be until May! But, well, it's already the 10th of January, so time'll just fly by anyway.
We've had some mini miracles this week, at least with kind people letting us in while we've gone out to do a little knocking. Earlier in the week was a Pentecostal preacher-type lady who has 6 kids and 8 step-kids (WOW), has read the Book of Mormon, and we chatted about ourselves for a while, but every time we really started to tell her about what makes us different, some sort of little distraction would come up. Agh! She had to go check on something so she left us to talk with her son who's our age and who's got a great American accent. He was really cool, but we had to get going so we had to awkwardly leave before we could tell her bye. We want to stop by and give our thanks for letting us in that snowy night. The following night is went we knocked into Bro. Raid's friend. He's kinda a weird old guy, but maybe we can get him to keep coming. Not sure how interested he is in the gospel, but he took a liking to the hymnbook so we gave him
one. Friday, the Dance's came to Pärnu to give our district some training. We worked on giving people commitments and then they took us to lunch at Steffani's afterward. Before game night, we walked by Aili's apartment and saw her shoveling snow so some trucks could come in and get the snow off the roof. We pitched in with our skirts and helped her get the huge job done quickly. We worked up quite a sweat! English class on Saturday went pretty well and we had a great turnout, 19 people! A lot of them were new faces too. And we actually got them to participate! There were definitely some things we could've done better, but teaching means you're always evaluating, re-evaluating and implementing new ideas. Last night, we tried to visit a former investigator, but he'd just gotten out of the sauna and was only in a towel, AWKWARD~ He said he was alone with the kids, so not that night, so we tried a few more doors. We knocked into a sweet older couple who let us right in. She offered us some baked goods she made that day. Missionaries had gone there in the past, maybe 2 years ago, we guess. It sounds like they'd done some service. They were really sweet and said we can come back anytime. She seems open to learning about other religions, but maybe we can help soften her heart to help her search for more truth.
Ugh, the package I sent still hasn't showed up?!?!?! So much for paying the extra for air mail >.> I'm sending back a letter and some little treasures for Stacey and Shauna today. That'll be in an
envelope so that should get there at a decent rate... I think the most recent church magazing we have now is from October (buncha cool Temple pics!). We don't have the conference issue Liahona. This last week, I think we mostly subsisted on variations of pasta, but we're craving to make some quesadilla this week. Sledding last P-day was really fun, but I wore jeans with thermals underneath (lol, bad idea) so they got soaked. This morning we went out to Saima's to shovel some snow (we mostly just cheered on the Elders since there were enough shovels :P) and I don't know what else we have planned for today. We might go to McDonald's (oh yes, now it's a luxury~). Sis. LeDuc and I definitely want to do some shopping, especially since we didn't get around to my boot shopping last week. Don't worry, I'll get them today ;)
That's all I got! Thanks for the love and prayers. I am who I am now because of all of you super people cheering me on at home :D
Love always,
Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment