Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

Hello!

Raissa (the Russian lady) completely spaced on our Monday FHE, so we moved it to Tuesday at the same time. We invited the Elders to come along, but they had to come a few minutes later. There were about a dozen people (regulars at the soup kitchen, methinks) there whom she'd invited to come listen to us talk about ourselves, why we're here, what we do, etc. To be honest, we were a bit intimidated since they told us to sit, eat cookies and start talking, ha ha. So we talked for a few minutes about our normal lives and then Raissa was giving us hints of where to go to next in our presentation (they were silent...). Just about when I started talking about how the Priesthood was restored through Joseph Smith, the Elders popped in and then I directed the attention to them. I don't know if the folks felt like they should be easy on our Estonian and not ask any questions, but once Elder Barney started talking, that's when all the crazy questions started popping up, ha ha ha ha! Sometimes, it got a little intense and the conversation started to drag on for quite a while, but eventually we passed around our homemade brownies and started playing Uno with them. Actually while the others were doing that, I gave 2 Book of Mormons to and taught two men about it. Apparently one of them had been in prison for about 14 years, but says he found God 13 years ago :) Fun times! When it was time for us to head home, Raissa told us to come back when we can. Now about that Raissa woman.... we discovered the following day that she's actually and inactive member!!!!! Wow, that made us feel rather dense! That explains so much! Anyway, I hope that we can go back sometime soon, and hopefully we can get her coming back to church.

Zone conference in Tallinn was really great. We talked a lot about faith, about how it procedes the miracles and it's a principle of action and power. This P-day has been very low-key. Elder Aardema is under house arrest because he called Sis. Dance saying he had a fever so we made the Elders some chicken soup this morning and took it to them before coming to write e-mails. I've had a fever the last 2 days, but I'm over it now. Just pretty tired and sluggish still :P

This upcoming game night, there's going to be a short play that some of the members have been putting together, so I hope it will be a decent finding activity if they invite they're friends to come. Recently, Aili has been begging us to come to her and Bro. Raid's stretching sessions at the church, ha ha. Normally we'd decline, but she has a friend that comes, so I kinda tried to throw in a little scriptural thought at the end how stretching is like learning, so if you don't keep learning about spiritual things, then your testimony becomes weak. Once you stretch, then the next time you can stretch a little bit further. You get the idea. She wants us to come tonight, but we'll see if I feel up to it.

Sis. Aitken FINALLY wrote us today to say that she's been diagnosed with typhoid fever. Egads, that's dreadful. She has to be completely well for a month before she comes back, so she may not be able to get back here in March like she was hoping. I'm glad that we know now, though. The members have really been bugging us with questions about it so now we finally have and answer! Sis. Aitken's Estonian friend Kätlin is going to cut our hair on my birthday, for free! (since she's learning!) I'm excited for that.

You taught me well! (and there's still much for me to learn from ya ;) Don't freeze your toesies and nosies off! Put a hat on!! (the old ladies scold us with that all the time :P)

Much love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment