Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Hiya family!

WH-WH-WH-WHAT?! Kara Morris is going on a mission now too?!?! I didn't know that, but she'd be super!! Where's she going? I got a belated birthday package from Noel, Kristin and Heather on Friday. Inside was some Golden Grahams, water colors, letters, and a good assortment of candy, yay! It's good to hear about your recent exercise goals. Sis. LeDuc and I will probably make some of our own in a few weeks. Gotta work off that winter weight! We've made some no-bake cookies several times this week and they turned out pretty well, so now we gotta get those recipes for people too :)

Sis. Tanner, a Russian-speaker, came down from Tallinn from Wednesday afternoon until Friday afternoon. We had a really fun time, and we even ate at Steffani's twice while she was here. She was adopted from Russia when she was 10, and she goes back home to Utah at the end of this month. Her older sister (also adopted) served in the Baltics, Russian-speaking a few years ago too! At least we'll get to see Sis. Tanner one last time at Sisters' Conference next week in Riga before she leaves :) We learned a lot from her. It was fun to see her talk to a few of the members in Russian. It made our conversations pretty interesting, ha ha!

Goodness' sake, I can't even think of what else to write about this week. It was kind of like a huge blur :P Some of the stuff I want to write about will take too long, so I should get started on a hand-written letter some..time... I'm a little behind on my journal-writing this week because I've been so pooped out at the end of the day and just slink right into bed. Aaaaaaaannd now I'm running out of time to e-mail now too.

We're going to go meet some of the members for lunch :) Today, we're going back to play badminton, this time to challenge the Elders since they couldn't make it last week. Last week, I ripped my legendary red swishy pants while playing a type of around-the-world game xP Nooooo! It got caught on a small nail sticking out of the wall (it's a VERY old gym) and thank groodness there was a nice mesh layer to protect my leg from being competely exposed, ha ha! I didn't even notice what happened until a participant gasped :P I just busted up laughing!!

I think tonight, Sis. Pruel wants to teach us how to cook something (maybe Estonian pancakes?) tonight, so I'm excited for that. Women's Day is Tuesday this week in Estonia (I think...), so the branch is meeting up that night at the highest hill in Pärnu (really just some bunny hill, like at a ski resort, hehe :) to do some sledding and drink tea or hot chocolate or something. I'm excited for that! I just hope the icy slopes won't be too unkind to my rump :P

I love you so so so much!
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment