Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday August 15th, 2011

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how some afford to live here and have long vacations, and summer homes, etc., especially when they complain about how little they earn. Hmmmm, go figure... Anyway, you'd almost think it's already Fall time here. It's been rather cool so in the mornings, I feel like it's time to go back to school. I think someone told me it's supposed to go back up to the low 80s later this week, ha ha. I hope y'all aren't dying back at home.
I don't know if it was our fault or what, but we're not going to teach Keili anymore for a while. Her member cousin finally came back from her month with her husband's family in the States so we asked her to call Keili and invite her to church. Maris (member) said that Keili just wasn't sure if this is what she's looking for, although we know she really enjoyed it only 2 months ago. I don't know what the deal is, if we were too persistant with following up on her while she was out of town, invited members to her house to teach with us, or a myriad of other things. When there are disappointments, all sorts of questions and theories pop up. Whatever it may be, we're just going to give her some space and still make her cookies or something from time to time. Maris is sure she'll come back, one day. Poor lil' Sis. Lamar is still pretty heartbroken about it. I think she was affected the worst. But, there's still hope! We had a great lesson with a guy last week, and we happened to see him on the street last week, and we saw Anne this morning on our way to sports. Last Saturday was her birthday, so she said she couldn't make it to church, but I know she wants to come again. Now we just got to get her to read more (and her son too!)
We had exchanges with the Russian sisters last week so I got to be with Sis. Hanks and Sis. Schnaidere (uh, spelling? I have no clue, but she's a mini missionary from Latvia :) I even got them a Russian lady to call whom I contacted on the bus. I keep half-joking with them that it seems like my job since I've been in Tallinn is to find the Russians people to teach. Half-joking. Lol. Surprisingly, we got a call from the sister missionaries down in Pärnu right after the exchange we had and they said that that we're doing another one, this time with them! I think I'm going back to Pärnu on Friday so I can be there with Sis. LeDuc, and we're going to do game night with the branch too! Awww, like old times~ We have zone conference on Saturday so we're going to come up to Tallinn early that morning. Sis. LeDuc only has about 10 or so days left! Egads! That's absurd. Anyway, it's probably better she's going straight from the mission right back into school at BYU.
Other than that, I'm not sure what else to mention... oh yeah! I scored 3 goals at Gatorball today! w00t! I think that's the first time I ever scored. Well, thanks to some great assists from Sis. Hanks ;) We also made our own chili con carne concoction last week that turned out pretty well with baked potatoes. Maybe we'll try that again this week. We should come up with some new meal ideas... we're kinda getting stuck in a rut, hehehe. Mom, I love how you always mention food in your emails. It makes me yearn for some good ol' homestyle cookin'.
Well, that's enough of that. Thanks for all the love and support, loved ones! You're the greatest!!! Thanks for the hugs and kisses too ;)
Love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment