Awww, that was a cute story of playtime at Grandma's~ I wish I could get my hands on some Berry Crunch cereal for that size and price. My favorite cereal only lasts me about 4 bowlfuls (sp?), ha ha.
Well, I suppose the news is that I'm here in Tallinn with Sis. Lamar from Camdenton, Missouri. Sis. LeDuc is training Sis. Christopher back in Pärnu. We rode down to Riga on a bus Wednesday afternoon, so we arrived there a 5 in the evening and split up and did some things with the Latvian sisters and the met back at their apartment to sleep there for the night. Early Thursday morning, we had a Trainers' meeting where we discussed some of the new training material, straight from the MTC this year. The new program includes an extra hour of companion study and is geared towards helping new missionaries be prepared to train after being in the field for 12 weeks, if need be. Sis. Lamar told me that the next group in the MTC will have 2 Elder and 2 Sisters so she or Sis. Christopher could very well be training! That means we'll have 6 sisters at the beginning of August, so 2 trios? That'd be fun! Sis. LeDuc got permission from President Dance to leave mid-transfer so she could fly straight back to Utah to go to school, and that'll happen at the end of August. Interesting stuff~
Church would've been much more enjoyable if I wasn't sick xP I came down with a fever and a sore throat on Saturday night and I was about ready to ditch out on church, but I didn't want Sis. Lamar to miss her first Sunday. I mainly tried to sit in the back away from people aaaaaaand also so I could get some shut eye. After church, I asked for a blessing from Elder Broby. I'm doing a little better now, but I'm still really tired and somewhat achy :/ Being sick on a mission is the pits, and I especially feel bad for Sis. Lamar because she's stuck with me right now! She's so gung-ho at the moment (coming straight out of the MTC) so anytime we have to be inside is probably just eating at her. Well, hopefully she won't have to deal with more seriously ill companions, like I did.
This Saturday is the branch's annual basketball tournament! Fun fun! I know I used to be an aspiring basketball star in my days as a wee one, but I probably have no skills left in me, ha ha ha! Saturday is also important because our investigator Ivo is getting baptized. He just had his interview last night, so he's good to go ;) We were supposed to teach Sirli back on Tuesday, but she got sick and I sent her a text Saturday night, but she hasn't responded. :/ She still hasn't come to church yet, so if we ever do meet with her again, we'll probably have to push back her baptismal date.
Boy, this is a really lame e-mail, buuuuuuut that's all of the interesting news that I have :/ Let's pray for some miracles this next week! Thanks for all the love and support!! Oh yeah, and here's my new address:
Sister Courtney Smith
P/K 3379
10156 Tallinn
Estonia
Love you so much!
Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment