Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011

Busy, busy busy!! So far, it looks like this will end up being very busy as well. Since we're in a "zebra" companionship (2 Estonian, 1 Russian), we have to balance our appointments. We've been blessed with some little miracles, especially since some members have been helping us with referrals. That doesn't happen very often here ;) We met last week with the cousin of a convert of 2 years and she came again to church on Sunday! We invited her to be baptized on the first lesson, but she wants to be more sure of her decision. I have faith that she will one day join the church :) Her cousin, Maris, explained that she's had a lot of hard times and she's a single mom with a son, but she thinks her new "ward family" will be very good for Keili (investigator). We're meeting her tomorrow night :) Last night, we met with the neighbor of a long time member of the church here. We have a follow-appointment for Thursday night! We're a little afraid for our appointment we have tonight at a Russian member's house. This member told Sis. Uibel that we coming over so we and the branch president could teach some Jehovah's Witnesses about the need for modern prophets, wow 0.0 Odd invitation, hehehe. We don't want to confront them at all, so if it gets into a fight, then that'll be the end of that. :P

I got the package on Saturday because the Elders in center are the only ones with the mailbox key :P Thanks for the jelly beans! We've eaten through most of the special red fruits kind, but I haven't touched the regular bag yet. I wore one of the pins at Zone Conference yesterday too :) President and Sister Dance mostly just
explained their story of how they were called to the mission and how they were interviewed by Elder Hales and President Monson (before he became prophet). All of the missionaries were also asked to bear their testimonies and so that brought a great spirit into the meeting. They also explained that the new mission president will arrive on June 30th and that he'll immediately start a mission tour, so we're
scheduled to have another zone conference on July 2nd with the new President Boswell. This might've been the last time that I'll see the Dances. We're all so appreciative for their service and respect them greatly.

It's really scary to hear about that forest fire back home. I wish I could send some of the rain that's fallen these last 2 days to you! We're kinda grateful it's cooled down a little this weekend. The folks here say it's usually not this hot for another 2-3 weeks. And yes, it's light outside. Like all the time. It looks about the same from when we go to bed as we wake up. We still see kids out playing and it's 9 o'clock, ha ha ha! On the longest day of the year, June 23rd, is also Estonia's largest holiday, Jaanipäev. (St. John's/midsummer's day). Sis. LeDuc said she took a picture last year at midnight on Jaanipäev and it the sun was still far from the horizon.

I'm not sure about any new clothes I need need yet. We browsed at the mall a little today, but I didn't buy anything. I happened to buy a new skirt when I was in Lithuania 2 weeks ago, so yay for something new to wear~ This Friday is Elder Barney's birthday, so a Triinu (a member) invited us to her family's home for a BBQ, yahoo! We'll try to bring a young investigator along with us too. The other day we went to Hesburger, and they have a limited time Arizona burger so I ordered that ;) I had to! It was pretty good, ha ha!

Time to wrap this up now. Thanks for all the love and prayers! I'm seeing the blessings, however small they are :) Oh yeah, and Happy Fathers' Day!!! Can't forget that! You're so wonderful, Dad. :D

Lots of love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment