Boy, those kiddos really know how to party at Grandma's house!! I've been telling Sis. Nef stories of my memories at Grandma's and they were wonderful too, just in a different way, I suppose. Like jumping on the old trampoline, sleeping in Brigham beds, and driving up and down the driveway in the Power Wheels Jeep (with Flame decals!), and hammering nails in odd pieces of wood, just to name a few. Oohhhhh, those were the days~
Last week's game of Risk 2210 was intense, and I probably could have done a little better at the end, had I not accidentally nuked my own territories. I guess that's what I get for trying to control Asia. This week, we plan to play a customized version of Settlers of Zarahemla. I haven't played Settlers for well, over a year and a half, so we'll see how it goes. Apparently Elder Lord and Elder Jenkins customized their game months ago so that it mimics the Seafarers expansion set. This new game playing phase makes Preparation Days a little more fun-filled and plus it's great bonding time. Or maybe it disrupts our district's unity...? ;)
Onto more worthy news, I started to teach my first Chinese person last week! Yay! He's a new student at the technical university and he actually started talking to us on the bus last week. He says he's buddhist, but he really wants to learn more about Jesus Christ and he's really willing to come to our church activities. He came to sacrament meeting yesterday, and he'll be joining us at the Perrys' house for family night tonight! He's a good kid, so I'm excited to see his progression in the gospel. We plan to invite him to be baptized next time we meet. Also worth noting is that I talked to Maris at church and she said that she thinks Keili seems really positive toward the church again, so we should call her sometime to meet or invite her to something. I think all she needed was some space to think things over, and even her 5 year-old son has been asking when are they going to go to church. Last week, I sorted through TONS of teaching records to pull out all of the families I could find. We've prayed and fasted that we can find people ready to be baptized by the end of the year, because our branch president want us to really work towards that yearly goal for the branch. I think Wentao, (the Chinese student) is a really good possibility, and Keili could be too, if she realizes this is the right place for her and little Remo. As for sad news, recent convert Ivo is not so pleased with being a member, so I think that's why we haven't heard from him so seen him for so long. One of the branch counselors finally met with him last night, so the branch president told me the news. I guess he felt his progression a little to rushed so now he's thinking twice about his decision. We're praying he won't make any poor, rash decisions and have his records removed. Well that puts a damper on things, but all we can really do is pray and try to show our love, if he'll let us.
Sorry it's short, but well, that's all I've got. Love you lots!
Love,
Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment