Well....still here :) Sis. Lamar went down to Pärnu to be in a trio with Sis. Christopher and trainee Sis. Robinson and Sis. Nef came up to Tallinn. She is from Fresno (actually Clovis), California, has been here since August, the oldest of 4 kids, and a redhead :) I'm gonna miss that little goober, Sis. Lamar, ha ha.
Last week, Pres. Boswell wanted us to attend some "town hall" for U.S. citizens in Tallinn, put on by the U.S. Embassy. It was interesting and kinda fun really. The Ambassador spoke for a bit and then it was open for any sort of questions. After the meeting was like a social and I talked to perhaps the number 2 guy at the Embassy for a bit. He said he was learning Estonian, so Elder McGavin and I were talking to him about it. He's only been learning for a year, but our missionaries are better with a year into the language ;) Yet another testimony builder to me. Well, then again, he's sort of in an English bubble more than we are. I gotta say, the best part was overhearing two southerners talking about BBQ afterward. The lady was from South Carolina, but she actually prefers North Carolinan barbeque, but of course she's not allowed to say that at home, HAHAHAHAHA. Oh yes, I <3 America~ I relayed that story to Sis. Uibel and we had a good laugh about it on the trolley home. We're thinking of "BBQ tour 2012". ;) Sis. Uibel was transferred to Vilnius, Lithuania, and Sis. Dawson came in her place, whom I also love very much. She was here the first 2 weeks I moved to Tallinn, over 6 months ago now. Sis. Dawson hurt her foot a bit ago, so she is not allowed to stand on it for a long time, so last night, I went out with Sis. Hanks and Sis. Shnedere (ok, now I really need to ask her how to spell it!). Sis. Hanks and I sang the 12 Days of Christmas while waiting for a bus to go home. :) That reminded me of the 12 Days of Kwanzaa. I've been trying to quote some, and although I'm a tad rusty now, I can still get some laughs out of 'em!
I'm off to go start a game of Risk 2210 now! I say "start" because there's no where we're going to finish it in 3 or so hours. Sorry it's pretty short this week. But rest assured, life's been all fun and good recently! Things are going pretty well in the branch too, so if we work with them, we can expect some miracles. Thanks for all the lovin'~
Love,
Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment