Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011

It's nice to hear everyone's busy, yet happy! I just got that little package from the ward YW today, but have yet to open it. It says there's candy inside. *fist pump* YES. Today's P-day has been a little different, but nice and chill. The Pärnu district came up to Tallinn a day early for Zone Conference tomorrow. Sis. Nef needed to buy a coat so, that was the main reason. We swapped companions and I shopped with Sis. Nef, but she found her coat so quickly so we had a lot of down time while the other missionaries played sports. Today's weather is not quite as lovely as in AZ! It's overcast, misty, and windy and last I checked it was 8 celcius (about 45-46F) Already a tad nippy! I like the cold air on my cheeks, though :) The trees are really pretty with their fall colors now.

Last week, we got together as a district (there's 8 of us) to watch General Conference DVDS that the mission sent to us. The DVDs were mis-formatted, or something, so it didn't work there, but instead, we crashed at the Perrys' place to watch conference on their laptop. That was a brilliant idea, because after we started to watch it, they snuck out to go get us some food to eat, and even more interesting was that they bought some chicken from a stand near a mall, and we had just listened to Elder Cornish's talk where he mentioned fried chicken! Yay~ We missionaries were all a little taken aback, yet really thankful because we didn't expect them to spoil us that much. Sis. Perry said Elder Perry nearly cried when he got to the cash register and saw the total, ha ha ha! This week, we will be watching conference on the big screen at the Nõmme Elders' place ;)

Yesterday, a dear sweet old sister pulled Sis. Lamar and I into the church's kitchen to give us some handknit socks/booties. There's super cute and colorful! She said it's starting to get cold, so she thought of us. We thanked her greatly, but she just said that she was simply fulfilling the Lord's will :) Also this past week, I tried a cake recipe that a member gave us. Turned out better than I thought, although the berries we used were sour, so we don't dare share it with others :P We thought we'd make it for the baptism which occurred on Saturday, but Sis. Lamar insisted we just take some snicker doodles instead. That's usually what we bake since they're easy and yield a lot.

There were some other things I intended to include in today's e-mail.... but alas, I've seemed to have left my planner at home xP We didn't really teach any of our regular investigators this week, but every day, we've been adding new potentials to the list. Not much has been progressing on the side of Less-Active work recently, but we're still trying! Hopefully we'll get some inspiration on how to help that more at tomorrow's zone conference. Oh yeah, and big news for Estonia! After years and years, the D&C is finally available in Estonian!!!! The members are all so excited :D It probably could have been finished earlier, but they were also working on a new translation of the Book of Mormon too. The triple combination's haven't made it here yet, but it's on the internet now to read and order. I want to get my hands on a copy, a.s.a.p.

Well, that's all from me! I hope you're all happy and healthy! Thanks for the lovin'~

Love,
Courtney

P.S. Haven't sent the letter off yet because I need something from my mission president. Tomorrow is zone conference, so hopefully I'll get something tomorrow. Where do I send my letter to? E-mail to you and then you send it? Oh, and I need my Student ID #, not my username.

No comments:

Post a Comment