Conference was spectacular! President Monson seems to get a little goofier as time goes on, ha ha! And so many temple announcements too! That rumor I heard of a temple in Paris came true ;) France and Italy better bank in on the tourism that will be coming when the temples there have their Open Houses! Our Conference schedule went a little something like this: Saturday, RS broadcast 5-7pm, Sat. Morn. Session 7-9pm (live). Sunday, Priesthood 12-2pm, Sat. Aft. Session 3-5, and then Sunday's morning session 7-9pm(live). This time, we were blessed to have audio devices so we could listen in English (I listened half-English, half-Estonian. Kind of depended on who was translating, :). We will still, however, watch conference in the next 2-3 district meetings. I was really impressed how much emphasis was put on the youth using technology to further the work of the Lord. There was also a lot of emphasis on using scriptures too. I basically summed up Elder Scott's talk to be "Scriptures are our friends!" :D In between sessions on Sunday, we missionaries put together our own pot luck for the members. Thank goodness we made so much food, because they ate ALL OF IT. They were all so very thankful and so we felt good that we could share and serve them.
I'm not really sure what else to report on since General Conference outshines everything else we did this week, he he. We had some interesting teaching opportunities this week that have Sis. Lamar and I really trying to improve our teaching to people's needs and understanding. We knocked into a young mom 2 weeks ago, and met with her last week. She invited her brother to come sit in on the lesson too, but I hope we'll have another chance to teach the both of them. I guess everything's sort of just tootin' along now. Plus now I'm pressured to finish this e-mail by my companion because I took too much time doing other work on the compy. Oops, lol. So, I apologize you have to suffer this week with a lame e-mail. Hopefully some other noteworthy and miraculous things will happen this week as we apply what we've learned from conference! Thanks for all the prayers and support!
Hugs and kisses,
Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment