Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Email: High Humidity - August 18, 2010

Wow, that is some crazy weather down there. Love it when that stuff happens, ha ha. Just wait until October and November and you'll hear about my own stories with snow~ Sis. Aitken and I are still wondering how we'll survive, ha ha ha! Fun times! I'll have to get on Chaz's case about his food issues. I know the boy never eats anything. I'm sure he'll pick on me for having to be here for so long. Now we both have something to go at each other with ;) Shauna was freaked out about my arm burn, but it's like healed now, but it'll probably turn into a gnarly scar. Good for stories, I reckon! It does look kinda sweet.

I realized this morning that it is one of 2 P-days left at the MTC. OHMYGOODNESSIT'SFINALLYHAPPENING~ I sorta feel like this time would never come, but we now have a tosin (dozen) days left! We'll be getting flight plans either tomorrow or Friday. Oh yeah, several weeks back, we signed up for the "Enhancement Class" which is finally being hosted tomorrow. Basically, they just teach you how to wear makeup. We're just going because they give you freebies, shweet! Back on Sunday night, I think it was, I won the jackpot at the ice cream vending machine on our floor. This has been about the 3 occurrence that something similar has happened. So, I was chatting with my roommates and pals out on the couches, bummed a bag of kettle corn popcorn from one of the Latvians, and then I noticed that the ice cream vending machine said "Enter Selection". That means, somebody swiped their card but never made a choice, and you can't cancel the transaction sooooo.... free ice cream for me! I feel kinda bad, but oh wellz~ Anyway, so I chose an ice cream sandwich and it popped out a Snickers ice cream bar too!!!! I was running around doing a little victory dance. The others were utterly amazed at the luck I have with that machine, ha ha ha! Perhaps I'm being rewarded for my work from above ;) Nah, I'm kidding.


*Cue Kings of the Beach theme music* I've been playing a lot of sand volleyball, but now I'm sad that most of my suureparane volleyball pals have now left for their missions in California. One of them constantly performed ridiculous dives and it was entertaining to simply watch him play. Hermana Petty from Australia is really awesome too. She taught me "cool as" is like the Australian way to say "cool" or something. Why they say "as" I know not, but whenever I say it to her, she laughs uproariously and gets so happy ;) Poor Sis. Soolefai has to stay until we leave for medical reasons, but as least she's really fun to be around.


If anyone wants a postcard from Estonia, give me your address!

Love y'all!


Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment