8-18-10
Teverist Everyone!
I debated on whether or not to write my letter home on plain-ol’ college ruled paper I scored from the free bin. I figured my penmanship is bad enough that the least I could do is write home on lined paper so you won’t have to figure which words go to which sentence. And I apologize for the penmanship. Usually, I’m trying to churn out these letters as fast as I can so I can fit as much information as possible. Thankfully, since things are winding down until my departure date, I don’t have much new information to report on!
The last day to send me something through DearElder so I can get it just before I leave will be Friday 27th. I think the cutoff time is 11AM or 12PM, I’m not sure. The thermals are quite comfy! Sometimes our bedroom gets rather chilly at night so I’ve worn them once or twice to bed. I’m hoping these babies will save my keester in Estonia.
I checked my address book and I am missing Lachelle and Danny’s address. I’d like to send them a postcard when I arrive in Estonia I’m trying to plan out my next Ettevalmistuspäev (Preparation Day) so I don’t have to write any letters (or maybe just 1 or 2 short ones) and then I could do a test run of packing. I’m really curious to see how many pounds I’ve gathered from my grammar books and things. It’s a bit comforting to know that I traveled up here with 10lbs. to spare, and I could easily chuck my blow dryer (already planned on it and shampoo, conditioner, etc.) Methinks I’ll be a bit better off than some other sisters who’ve had issues in the past.
Last weeks TRC was awesome because we had 2 guys rather than the same girl volunteering each week. One of the guys played the role as a member who came to help teach and fellowship. AWESOME. Sis. Aitken and I definitely want lots of member help in the future. When we could explain well enough or forgot to explain, our member chipped right on in and it was fun to watch the two of them rattle on in Estonian. Someday we’ll be able to do the same This week, we’re practicing the 3rd lesson which is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Much of the principles of it were talked about in the previous lessons, but this chapter is much more in depth.
Sis. Aitken and I have started to guess who we’ll end up with as senior companions. Sister LeFevre and Sister LeDuc (kinda funny, huh?) have pretty much been together the entire time except for the 5 or so weeks they were trained when they first arrived in Estonia. We’re also trying to guess which of the cities we’ll end up in. Tallinn, Tartue, or Pärnu. Actually, the sisters are starting to open an area just outside Tallinn called Keila, at the moment. President Dance has a 19 year-old Estonian living with them there to help them with the language. Wow, that’s pingeline! (intense) Makes me even more curious to see what adventures await us when we arrive! WOOEE it sure is excitin’! Of course I have some departing jitters, but I really have no reason to fear since the Lord is on my side.
I’ll mail my memory card from my camera by the end of next week. There are some really random pictures, like a life-size Barbie Jeep that cruises ‘round these parts and one of the oddest/most hilarious cards I’ve ever seen. I’m utterly surprised to have found it in the bookstore. I mailed one to Devin Grimes, so I hope he checks his mail often enough. I have one more but I can’t make up my mind who to send to just yet… I keep debating it. Well, whoever doesn’t receive it in the mail can just check out the pics I took of it, ha ha!
Noh…that’s all I got for now! Not much is different at the moment. Or maybe it just seems that way since my departure date is finally coming up! Bro. Conway is still as amazing as can be. I don’t think I’ve met many who are quite as in tune with the Spirit like he is. Sis. Aitken and I are already talking about how fun our reunion in the mission field will be, ha ha ha!
Thanks for the updates and love! You make me laugh and smile so much. I’ll need plenty of that so I can share some with the Estonians Kõige paremat! (All the best!)
Love,
Courtney
P.S. Interesting Fact – “Booger” in Estonian is “nina keil”. It literally means “nose monster”. Just thought I’d let you know!
No comments:
Post a Comment