Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Letter - August 11, 2010

8-11-10

Heya family!

Like I said on my e-mail from P-day, I don’t think I have much more to say for this letter! I realized that I forgot to tell you that last Friday, I dropped my curling iron on my arm and now I have a lovely, HUGE burn mark that just looks better every single day! (Not, lol) It does make a pretty cool looking battle scar though. Some folks see it and their faces are like :O and they say "What is THAT?" or "What happened to your arm?!" "Oh, well, the other day, I got into a fight with my curling iron. It got me pretty good". hahaha. It doesn't hurt anymore. Goodness, I'm sure you wanted to know this .... hahaha! For some reason, I have a feeling if Veronica saw it, she'd say I was attaached by a zombie. hehehehe! I took some pictures to chronicle this event.

My friend, Rebecca Crowe wrote to me the other day and I’m excited to see her at the MTC next week! I think she’s only been a convert for less than two years, but she is going to do some amazing work in the Atlanta, Georgia mission! It’ll be fun to have Chaz here soon as well. He’ll probably give me a hard time since he likes to tease, but I have to get a few more laughs out of this place before I go! It’s rather sad that the time I spend in the MTC cuts into my time in the mission field. I will have only about 15 months or so to get so much work done. I better hop to it right from the start! I can’t afford to fear and worry about my lack of communication skills. As long as I try my hardest, the Lord will do the rest of the work. If I ever get really down about that, don’t let me forget it. Why am I saying “if”? Let’s just hope and pray that I won’t succumb to severe discouragement and wallow away in sorrow. Heavenly Father needs me out there so badly. The church is still in it’s infant phase and could probably use a boost right now. These people deserve it.

Let me know if these pics are ok for the plaque. I forgot to do the red-eye reduction with my camera, and the photo printing kinda cut my arm off a bit. Turns out the bookstore here doesn’t have Opti-Free replenish lens solution here. I came up with a travel size that’s less than half full. My eye doctor recommended it, but will any solution do? They said the newer materials of the Oasys lenses needs something a little different…. Who knows if they have it in Estonia. Sis. Luik may or may not know, but I’ll try to ask.

I enjoy making new friends here, but now I feel obligated to visit them afterward! 2 are from Australia, 1 in Hawaii, a few in California, and most from Utah. So, maybe I’ll have some more travel in my futures, or not, ha ha. The other day, Sis. Aitken and I drafted a mission statement for … the mission… :P It was really great and brought us closer as a companionship. In it we wrote what we see ourselves as and what we want to accomplish as representatives of Jesus Christ. I’m glad the Lord trusts me with this marvelous work. Before I left, Mark wrote in a card that I’ll have a front row seat to watch miracles unfold. I’ve already seen some here so I can’t wait to take part in more. : )

Much love,
Courney
(do I have to sign Sister to my own family? Curious)

No comments:

Post a Comment