Go ahead and leave comments on here.

Go ahead and leave comments on here. We pass them along and Courtney loves to hear from her friends!!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Letter - August 4, 2010

8-4-10

Armas pere!

Our branch goes to the 10:20 session at the temple and then usually have lunch right after, then e-mail time.
I think we’ve finally figured out an efficient way to get things done on Preparation days. At least, I hope I’d be a pro at this after being here for 7 -8 weeks already! My photo predicament is now solved. I went to the bookstore this afternoon and the machines are back up and running. I’ll send the pics as soon as I can.

I’ve gotta say, doing laundry at the MTC is kinda awesome. You can use as many washers and dryers as you want (or can find during busy times). We just put a couple of loads in, go eat or study for a bit, then transfer the clothes to the dryers and you’re done in like, 3 trips! Some missionaries stay in the laundry room to write letters and e-mail but it gets miserably hot and stuffy down there with the machines going all day long. It’s also funny to see Elders stuffing all their clothes in one huge load. My only complaint about my laundry experience is that there is no plug for the sink there so I can’t wash some of my things by hand very easily. Whoa, I just wrote an entire paragraph about laundry . . . WUT. Moving on……

How’s the Relief Society responsibilities going, Mom? How’s the tunin’ and family history, Dad? Ryan and Mark, I’m sure you’d be happy to know I’ve recently started playing football (soccer) with some sisters during morning gym days. How is Dallin doing with Kindergarten? Any interesting news from the singles’ ward? How’s that going for ya, Stacey? That’s about all the questions I have at the moment. You seem to all be doing fun things in the e-mails so that’s just “tubli”!

I haven’t seen Brian Gashler for a while, but that’s prolly since I sit at the other side of the cafeteria. I see Dallin Stone and Dallin Larson usually multiple times a day, so that’s fun. I’m glad they’re leaving roughly the same time too so I can still chat more : ) Boy am I happy I’m not serving in Mexico or Argentina. There have been a lot of missionaries who are delayed in their departures because of visa issues. Some of them have had to stay here a few extra weeks, or else be temporarily reassigned to the Salt Lake City South mission until the visas come through. Apparently, Sis. Aitken never received the letter I did from Pres. Dance asking for passport photos and information for visa applications. The mission finally contacted her through e-mail here and it was a headache to get it together since our e-mail time is so limited. I just hope we got it sent in on time because I would hate to be delayed or have to leave without her. I s’pose we’ll find out in a few weeks!

Last night’s devotional was pretty great. Sister Anderson was asked to give the closing prayer so I had to sit on the stand as her companion because there was not enough seats for Sis. Aitken to join us too> (Sis. Anderson is a sister going to Finland so we’re in a trio now!) We we’re hoping for an apostle, but got yet another emeritus member of the Seventy. It’s all good though. The Brethren must be especially busy this summer. ;) Anyway, L. Lionel Kendrick had some good advice to share with us. He admonished us to not simply “serve time” but to serve the Lord. He also said how we cannon judge whom the Lord has prepared for us to teach. Bro. Kendrick never could have imagined his high school Agriculture teacher (yup, he’s an old-timer. : ) Love it!!) even being interested in the church because he was ornery and mean. He later received a letter from his teacher while serving his mission that explained he joined the church. In addition to that, there are no hard areas or companions. They become what you build them up to be. I’ll only have a chance to serve with a handful of companions, but I have a feeling I won’t run into too much trouble. : ) One of the last things Bro. Kendrick mentioned was never ever ask yourself “what should I do today” while on a mission. Instead, the question every single day should be “How in the world are we gonna get it all done today?” (He grew up in Louisiana). As long as I’m doing my best and working my hardest, then I know I’ll be a successful missionary because that’s all that Heavenly Father asks of me.

Tomorrow night, we’ll be teaching the Plan of Salvation in Estonian. Somehow on Monday, we managed to teach Bro. Conway the lesson for over an hour, but that’s ‘cause we had to go back a little to the Restoration for some clarification. It was pretty fun to be able to teach for so long in the language. Having scriptures to reference definitely makes it easier because they can do a lot of the talking for you. Yay~! Yesterday, Õde Luik said my accent was pretty god. Hearing that from a native Estonian is certainly comforting! I think this week’s language focus will be grammar review. The mistakes I make are just very minor so I hope that’ll be a quick fix.

Noh! (Well!) That’s all I got for now! I am so happy that I pretty much have the coolest family ever. Tõsiselt, (seriously) like, I can’t even handle it. The same goes for my friends too! ; ) I love you all so greatly and I’m thankful for the support and prayers. Have a suurepärane week!

Hugs and kisses!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment